ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed in order of importance:
1. Supports manager with visiting journalists, taking a lead role on such tasks as creating target media list, vetting media requests, proactively securing media to visit, coordination of activities, itineraries, and travel arrangements. Participates in the actual hosting of journalists. Interacts with and manages agency partners on visiting journalist opportunities. 35%
2. Performs media relations activities including: Supporting the manager with responses to media inquiries; proactively reaches out to media to secure coverage spanning print/TV/digital; actively establishing and nurturing media relationships on behalf of the organization, regularly identifying new contacts and relevant story angles; takes ownership over various media campaigns, seeing them through from initiation to recap reporting. Interacts with and manages agency partners on media relations and reporting items. Maintains domestic media lists. Owns and maintains Simpleview clipping and reporting. 30%
3. Maintains and creates press materials, spearheads “what’s new” quarterly update, and daily media highlights. 15%
4. Assists with presentations ranging from reports to plans. 5%
5. Conducts outreach to partners as part of aforementioned tasks. 5%
6. Serves as a brand ambassador for Los Angeles. 5%
7. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: 8. Research. 9. Trend and general news monitoring. 10. Assists with updating and maintaining media database.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Liberal Arts/Mass Communication/English strongly preferred and a minimum of 3-5 years of PR agency or in-house public relations experience required.
The ideal candidate will be on the pulse of Los Angeles culture, and have some level of familiarity with our thriving dining scene, diverse neighborhoods, world-class attractions and hotels. Prior travel, tourism or hospitality experience is required. Candidates must have 3-5 years of PR agency or in-house public relations experience. Excellent oral and written communications skills and attention to detail is required. Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED: 1. Proficient in Cision. 2. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. 3. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. 4. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player. 5. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail. 6. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines. 7. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments. 8. Ability to work in a changing environment.
About Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Baord
The mission of the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board (LATCB) is to advance the prosperity of L.A.'s visitor economy and the livelihoods that depend on it. As the official Destination Marketing Organization for the City of Los Angeles, LATCB is responsible for sales and marketing efforts focused on the meetings & convention industry, domestic and international leisure travelers, and worldwide travel trade and consumer media. LATCB works proudly on behalf of more than 1,100 Member businesses from the area’s hospitality and tourism community to promote Los Angeles as one of the world’s preferred travel destinations. As the foundation for creating an experience that is uniquely L.A., LATCB partners with its Members to actively promote and grow their business among visitors to the City of Angels